CHICKEN (or tofu) CASHEW NUT STIRFRY
This was made for me years ago by a friend and it was so tasty I made sure to copy the recipe so I could make it again!
I have actually stopped eating chicken, so I now replace the chicken with tofu or just have a vegetable & cashew stirfry – it’s yummy!
- 50g Chicken / Tofu
- 50g Cashew Nuts
- ½ Onion
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped/crushed
- 2 inches of grated fresh ginger grated
- ½ tsp chilli flakes or fresh chilli
- 1tbsp Olive oil or Coconut Oil
- 3 spring onions chopped
- 1 red pepper sliced
- A few mushrooms
- 1 courgette cut into strips
- ½ broccoli head, chopped
- Cabbage or spring green leaves shredded
- Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
Please note that any combination of vegetables can be used.
For the sauce:
- combine all ingredients in a bowl
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 heaped teaspoon honey
- ½ cup of hot water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 inch fresh ginger grated
- 1 tablespoon of almond/peanut butter (optional)
Put the oil in a pan and heat, add the chilli and cashew nuts and stir fry until golden brown
Place the cooked nuts into bowl and set aside for later
In the same pan add chicken/tofu and stir fry until brown
Add garlic, onions, ginger and spring onions and cook for 3 minutes.
Add the chopped vegetables and stir fry them until they are cooked but still crunchy.
Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl and then add them to the pan. Cook for a few minutes until heated through and then add the cashew nuts and chopped coriander. Serve with noodles or brown rice.
If you would like 1:1 personalised support with Kate as she works with you to help you feel your best you, please just drop us an email at email@example.com or call us on 01242 227752 for more information. And she has a wealth of delicious recipes too!